Monday, May 10, 2010

Decreasing the default poll time for puppet client

I did this the last time but recently just found out I forgot how to do it. The default poll time for the client is about 30 mins. While this is just fine for some applications, but then how the heck to increase the frequency of the poll or decrease the poll time?! I looked around for what I did last time but could not find it (thanks to a hdd which is not active), after looking around more and feeling really frustrated almost giving in, I found the configuration parameter.

The configuration parameter to decrease the poll time is :

"runinterval=" this should be placed in the [puppet] section in the puppet.conf configuration file. This post is just to serve as a reminder to myself if I just happen to be old and forget this again :P.

No comments:

Post a Comment